Why We Need Volunteers
Camp Encourage is a free service to children in the surrounding areas, and without your help we could not make this happen. We look to the community for funding for the camp, as well as support for the camp to happen. Volunteers allow for camp to continue to be a free service to families and to support each other in the difficult time of experiencing a loss. Volunteers range from college students through older adults who want to give their time to these children, leadership experience, as well as an opportunity to provide support to community members.
Below are some of the different types of volunteers we look for to help out with Camp Encourage:
- Adult Buddy: The focus of a camp buddy is to help the children open up about grief to someone who will listen, as well as attend camp functions with and help facilitate within the group.
- Group Leader: The focus of a group leader is to facilitate the group grief activities and support the children in their grief along with their adult buddy. A group leader must have previous Camp Encourage experience or other related experience in social services.
- Group Assistant: The focus of a group assistant is to support the group leader in group activities as well as adult buddies.
- Other: If you would like to help with camp, but not be directly involved, we do accept volunteers with other Camp activities. Please contact Christena Sharp, Volunteer Manager at 800.417.7535 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications for Camp Volunteer
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Have good listening skills.
- Have a desire to help grieving children.
- Must have good health as the weekend can be strenuous with activities, outdoor locations, physical activity, and sleeping arrangements.
- Must be willing to complete a background check.
- Must complete application and attend camp orientation.
If you are interested in becoming a Camp Encourage volunteer, below you will find the forms that are needed to be filled out and emailed back to us. If you would prefer to hand fill out the forms, we also have printable versions available as well.
- Camp Encourage Volunteer Application (Online Application)
- Camp Encourage Volunteer Application (Word document)
- Camp Encourage Emergency Contact Form (Word document)
For more information, please contact our Bereavement Team at 800.417.7535 (ext. 422) or email us at email@example.com.