When you or a loved one has been newly diagnosed with a terminal or life-limiting illness, the news may be frightening, depressing and overwhelming. You and your family may be faced with countless life-altering decisions, modified daily routines and numerous appointments and medications. You may have a thousand unanswered questions that didn’t occur to you until well after you had left the doctor’s office, or you may be struggling to comprehend what your future looks like. Where do you turn to fill all these needs? Who can provide the needed education and assistance?
State of the Heart Care’s new enLIGHTEN program offers a solution for just these needs. This non-medical program will serve to educate, inform and assist you as you navigate these new waters. Below are just a few examples of the services we offer in this program.
- Nurse Practitioner to sit with you and your family and educate you on illness progression, define terms related to your illness, assist with understanding medications and procedures, etc.
- Coordinator to assist you in connecting with valuable community resources available to you (food pantries, support groups, transportation services, free legal services, etc.)
- Volunteers to assist with anything from light housework and quick errands to companionship or caregiver support.
- Routine communication with one of our Care Consultants to determine need for one of our more advanced programs.
Your focus should be on taking care of yourself or your loved one, and living life to its fullest. With assistance from those in our enLIGHTEN program, we can lighten your load, easing the burden of dealing with daily tasks.
Who would benefit from being in the enLIGHTEN program?
- those diagnosed with a terminal or life-limiting illness, who wish to seek curative treatment for their illness
- those who, due to their illness, may require additional assistance in the home, or who may benefit from additional companionship or support
- those who will benefit from additional health monitoring or require assistance through community resources
- The enLIGHTEN program services are available at no cost to you or your family
- There is no physician referral required
- Services are available in your home, or to those living in a skilled nursing facility or assisted living facility
- The enLIGHTEN program does not provide medical care (skilled nursing, nursing assistance, or medications)
For more information, or to enroll or refer a patient or family member, please contact us today at 937-548-2999 and mention the enLIGHTEN program.