The loss of a friend or loved one can be extremely difficult for those left behind. Coping with the intense sorrow can be crippling. That’s why State of the Heart is proud to offer it’s enCOURAGE program. Comprised of a variety of services, this program seeks to help all those impacted by death and loss.
Through it’s enCOURAGE program, State of the Heart care offers grief support meetings for both adults and children. All sessions are free and open to the public. Specialists also help by scheduling one-on-one sessions to talk with individuals about the emotional, social and spiritual pain they are experiencing. It is the grief support meetings, though, which have proven to be extremely helpful to those trying to regain some normalcy in their lives and to heal some of the emotional pain they are feeling. During the group sessions, participants are encouraged to listen and share with others. Often, people share how they are coping and how they are dealing with their own pain and feelings of loss. The grief specialist guides and serves as a “companion” for those receiving grief support services, focusing on helping the person learn to feel it is all right to grieve, realize they are like others who feel the raw pain and hurt, and that there is the definite chance they can confront their personal grief and loss issues.
What services are offered in the enCOURAGE program?
- Grief support services for the families of our patients for 13 months following the patient’s death
- One-on-one support sessions with bereavement specialists
- Group grief support sessions
- Annual bereavement camp for youth–Camp enCOURAGE
- Social groups for those who have lost a friend or loved one
- Anticipatory grief counseling while a friend or loved one is experiencing a terminal illness
Who may use/benefit from the enCOURAGE program?
- Any member of the community who has lost a friend or loved one–regardless of their affiliation with State of the Heart Care
- Adults or children who have experienced the loss of a loved one
- Any school, organization or company that may have experienced death or loss
- Our grief services are free of charge to anyone
- Camp enCOURAGE is free of charge to attend, and is supported by local grants and donations
- The enCOURAGE program is available in all 15 counties we serve
- View the 2017 Summer Bereavement Support Group
- Details about our 2017 Remembrance Gathering, coming soon!
If you or someone you know could benefit from grief counseling, please call us at 937-548-2999 and ask to speak to someone about the enCOURAGE program.