There comes a time when even the best medical care is no longer beneficial to those experiencing a life-limiting illness. When that time comes, often, patients and their loved ones must decide how they want to experience the rest of their lives. State of the Heart’s enCOMPASS program offers more comfort, more joy, and more quality moments to spend with the ones you love.
Traditionally known as our hospice program, we have re-named that program enCOMPASS. Why? Because our care goes so much further beyond just traditional hospice services. We seek to care for the whole person, offering everything from music therapy for pain and symptom management, to social workers and chaplains. Our highly skilled nurses and aides will make sure that you or your loved one receive the very best in medical care from day one. We care for the patient and their loved ones with a love and respect that we would offer to our own family. Our care enCOMPASSes everything we have to offer. Through this attentive and customized care, our goal is to make every patient’s journey no less than exceptional.
What services are offered through the enCOMPASS program?
- RNs and LPNs to assist with medical needs
- Aides to assist with personal hygiene and activities of daily living
- Licensed social workers to provide assistance with future planning, and to ensure the safety and comfort of each patient
- Chaplains available to provide non-denominational spiritual and emotional support
- Board certified music therapists to assist with pain and symptom management as well as emotional support
- Volunteers to provide assistance with light housework, quick errands, companionship and caregiver respite
Who would benefit from the enCOMPASS program?
- Those experiencing a life-limiting illness with a life expectancy of six months or less
- Those who no longer wish to seek curative treatment for their illness
- Those who wish to remain in their home, but require more advanced care than a family member may give
- Those in a facility who may require more 1-on-1 attention than the facility is able to provide
- Most enCOMPASS services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid or most private insurances
- If there are services that are not covered, State of the Heart will work with the patient/family to develop a payment plan that works for you
- No patient is ever denied service based on their ability to pay
If you would like more information about our enCOMPASS program or to request a referral, please call 937-548-2999 and mention the enCOMPASS program.