Reports to: Executive Director
Summary of Position: The Director of Clinical Services oversees and supervises the Team Managersand Care Center Manager. He/She ensures that policies and procedures are being followed as directed by the Executive Director. He/She will act in place of the Executive Director his/her absence. The Director of Clinical Services is committed to the philosophy, goals, and objectives of State of the Heart Hospice.
Education: Licensed Registered Nurse. BSN preferred.
Current registration in the State of Ohio and eligibility to obtain registration in Indiana.
Current registration in the State of Indiana and eligibility to obtain registration in Ohio.
Experience: Education experience in healthcare setting preferred. Supervisory experience required. Clinical experience in Hospice nursing preferred.
Special Skills and Requirements:
1. Excellent organizational skills required.
2. Excellent literacy and writing skills required.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills required.
4. Must be able to utilize common office software.
5. Knowledge of Conditions of Participation in hospice.
6. Shall have valid driver’s license.
Working Conditions: Involves computer, telephone, and office machine operations. Involves travel to multiple sites. Travel may be in inclement weather. Requires approximately 6 hours of sitting, 2 hours of standing, twisting, and bending. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. of equipment/supplies.
- Coordinates and evaluates professional and clinical care services in each office to ensure that such services are uniform components of the clinical teams of State of the Heart Hospice. Ensure clinical teams at each office will perform comparable duties and services.
- Monitors quality of care and staff productivity to ensure that staff maintains professional standards of practice as well as preservation of JCAHO.
- Collaborate with Team Managers and Care Center Manager to ensure Agency policies and procedures are being followed to create safe, consistent, high quality care for all patients.
- Reviews and ensures Quality metrics are followed.
- Initiates consistently crisis care and end of life care when appropriate.
- Directs appropriate use of Care Center to fully utilize the services and care 24 hour staff can provide patients and families.
- In conjunction with the human resources director, screen, interview and select new clinical staff as needed.